Interim Management (IM) is the supply of highly-qualified senior professionals at short notice to perform specific roles for a predetermined length of time. Interim managers might be chosen because the role in question is not a permanent position or because someone with the necessary qualifications and experience cannot be found fast enough. IM enables short-term tailor-made solutions for companies facing challenges of all kinds:
- In the case that assistance with the assessment, management or integration of the venture is needed
- If the objectivity of an external change agent is needed to drive processes of rationalising, downsizing or restructuring
- Or, if an organisation is embarking on a major programme of cultural change and needs a change manager to mentor existing management through the implementation
- If a major initiative is planned, and the required specialist skills are not available in-house
- In case a project cannot be accommodated within the workload of the existing management team
- Or, if an enterprise is expanding into previously untapped overseas markets and needs people with the local knowledge, linguistic skills and cultural ability to operate in those markets
- In the case of loss of a senior executive (for example, through resignation or dismissal), and the need of someone with the right skills and experience pending the recruitment of a permanent replacement
- Or, when there is a need for temporary cover for a key executive who will be absent for some time due to illness, a sabbatical or maternity leave
- Speed and Flexibility: Our interim managers are available to start within days, with the minimum of recruitment or termination formalities. By providing a flexible management structure and maintaining cost effectiveness they improve our client´s competitiveness.
- Experience and knowledge transfer: Interim managers are often overqualified for the assigned work. This enables them to be effective from day one. They can transfer a huge amount of skill, contacts and experience to our client´s team, which in itself can represent a sustainable benefit.
- Focus on delivery of results: For interim managers track record and performance really count. They are used to being judged by results so they know how to deliver, especially under pressure.
- Objectivity: While sensitive to the company´s ethos, they will not be constrained by company politics, personalities or protocols.
- Minimum risk: By target-oriented employment of interim managers, companies are in a position to improve their competitiveness through the leasing of the required expertise at the right moment and for the time necessary.